Monday, May 6, 2013

Chicken Roll-Ups


So it's been forever since I posted! I have been wrapped up in trying to get through some cookbooks instead of my Pinterest boards. I have been cooking more and more at home recently to try to save money. I am trying to coupon and I have saved a lot of money but it really limits cooking new recipes! I had to sneak one or two in there though! This was the first one that I tried. They baked up so pretty! The family thought they were pretty tasty as well. I think next time I will play around with some more seasonings. I thought they were a little on the bland side. Try them out and see what you think!

Chicken Roll-Ups
1 pkg. cream cheese (8 oz.)
1 pkg. large crescent rolls (6 ct.)
2 shredded, cooked chicken breasts
1-1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
bread crumbs
2 Tbsp. butter, melted

1. Boil your chicken breasts and shred them up. After cooking my chicken, I actually popped them into my KitchenAid mixer with the paddle attachment and it shredded them up quite nicely for me. Amazing!

2. Combine chicken, cheeses, salt and pepper. Spoon onto crescents. Form the crescents around the chicken and cheese mixture, making sure the chicken mixture is fully enclosed in the dough.

3. Brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle bread crumbs on top.

4. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes.

Note: To reheat, just place in a 325° oven for 15 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment